The Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What has been/will be done

3 posters

Go down

What has been/will be done Empty What has been/will be done

Post  Admin Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:51 pm

Well so far I spent many hours thinking and planning how to build the whole game, which features to offer and about the whole concept in general.
Thanks to Fyre's suggestion I decided to build the concept on the Anime/Manga One Piece so the game will be about Pirates.

To make it easier to explain what exactly I have on my mind for the game I'll often compare the planned features with theninja-rpg.com since it might be a bit complicated to follow my thoughts otherwise.
I originally planned to make team-playing in form of building a crew an important part of the game but I'm not sure about how that will work out yet.
I planned to offer the possibility of shared "ships" (for regen) in a crew and the bigger the crew, the higher the lvl of the ship therefore the higher the regen.
To enable a crew to grow it will have to earn points in the game by beating opponents and fullfilling tasks so you can exchange these points plus the "money" used in the game against items or use it to build a bigger ship.

Ok the main-task is obviously to code the whole thing and bring it into a nice form to look at.

I already went through the whole coding-progress in my mind so I more or less know what to do and just have to test a few things before I can really start with the coding, the only problem that I don't know how to solve yet is the user-administration since I never had to manage users on my old homepages so far Neutral
So the first step in the coding-process will be to make a working user-database since I don't think that it will be easy to add that after the whole game is done Question
As soon as I figured out how to solve that problem I'll start with
-the profile
-the battle-system
-the moderating-system
-the chat
-the rest of the game
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://thegame-creation.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

What has been/will be done Empty New News are New

Post  Admin Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:29 pm

Well since the project died for a while when I saw that it might really be too big for me and I didn't want to waste your time for a project we can't do I decided to try it again.
I'm done with school now after graduating though I can only work on this project in the afternoons and nights until august thanks to my new job but I still want to do this.
Well what exactly has to be done?

-Coding
-Text Design (as far as coming up with attacks, events and everything creative that is written)
-Graphic Design (layouts, AI-avis etc)
-Coordination (coordinating between the groups)

As far as financial support, for now I will bear all costs that we might have for the game but I still hope that you guys are smart enough not to waste my money by asking for unneeded things.
If the game really works out I think it's understandable that I'll want to get my money at least partly back while most of the money we might earn through the game will probably be needed to keep it running.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

What has been/will be done Empty Suggestion/News

Post  Death Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:33 pm

I recommend assigning projects for members of your staff, so we know exactly what is getting done when, and by whom
Rather than just have everyone pool ideas, though brainstorming is never bad, why not assign a couple to be "coders" and tell them what to code, homepage, map, ect
Also, have "text staff" who can decide attack names, AI brutality, and such
A "graphics group" would be nice as well, to draw pictures for AIs, maybe the map background, and ship builds
There will be many groups, staff can overlap into more than one group, but that way everyone knows exactly what they're doing, and what to start on. A checklist will help up know when we're getting closer to our goal, and we can feel accomplished to see a mark get checked off
Just an idea~
Death
Death

Back to top Go down

What has been/will be done Empty Re: What has been/will be done

Post  Admin Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:38 pm

the points on the list is what groups we will have during the making of the game, though there will be more groups like mods etc when the game is actually running.
First we need a staff that can work before we can start with the work, that's why I will be hunting ppl down in all coding-forums I can find to get a few coders that actually know what they are doing since most ppl I asked so far and said they would help don't seem to know what they are supposed to do...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Death Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:59 am

Im not sure who you're planning on putting where, once you get your coders in order, but Id like to volunteer for either Text or Graphics, or even both if you wanted me.
Id help with coding, but I still have issues posting links sometimes, haha
There are lots of tutorials on the web though, if I find a good one, Ill post the link in here. If it helps enough, you may find you have plenty of coders already
Death
Death

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:21 am

well I thought fyfy could be in text AND graphics and also be the coordinator between those sections, kaz+tia graphics, kingy-katie-kevin (if he ever gets on this forum >_>) coding and I'll try to help in all of the sections O-o
Now we still need more ppl in the coding section v-v
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

What has been/will be done Empty Coding

Post  PinkJohan Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:32 pm

Hey yummy
I could help coding
I started have php lessons gonna work on my own to make it better this summer
But most of it will be learned next year

However i can make connections to MySql DBs and everything, it's just too strait forward atm
So if you can wait till October i'll be in for sure ^^

I'd rather never open my damned photoshop ever again so no Graphic stuff for me Wink
Greetz King

PinkJohan

http://www.beyondthe-blue.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:55 pm

lol I already thought that the graphic-section wouldn't really be your fav XD
well let's see whether we can find some staff-members on the forum I posted my request at.
It's a german forum so it might be that I'll have to work as a translator too but I think it can actually be quite an advantage to have multi-langual staff-members right from the beginning ^^
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum